cruzbit is a new decentralized peer-to-peer ledger designed to be as simple as possible for both users and developers. It aims to strip away as much of the complexity surrounding bitcoin as possible while still achieving a robust implementation.
- Newer crypto: Ed25519 and SHA3
- Simplified transaction format: No inputs/outputs. No scripts. No UTXO:
- Account model, but a novel simpler approach to it. No serial per-account nonce.
- No fixed block size limit: A variation of BIP 101 is implemented.
- Reference implementation is in Go. Completely new code base.
- Web/dev-friendly peer protocol: secure WebSockets and JSON for all protocol messages and primitives.